 |
| Huff puff scrape scrape... |
The season of summer slid right into fall, and still we are scraping and painting. I personally find scraping to be fairly therapeutic. I guess the boys think I need this therapy because they let me do it! With no interference.
 |
| Huff Puff blah blah blah... |
Now since I am the author of this recorded history, I will not come out and say that I did most of the work this particular day. People might think that I'm biased. Instead, I will let the pictures speak for me.
 |
| How's it goin', boys? Just came in for a cool drink... |
 |
| Back at it- me and the empty ladder. |
But to be honest, we couldn't have gotten to the "next level" without the help of the scaffold; planned, gotten and set up by the menfolk. Without it, we couldn't have done this:
 |
| More than halfway! Yay! |
And then there was the break in the action of the Annual Amazing Kinde Polka Fest.
Every year for seven years the families of Kevin Wiley (owner of the Kinde Pasta House) Paul Fisher (owner of Grindstone's Rybak's Ice Cream opening spring of 2013) and Gerald Prill have enlisted the help of lots of local sponsors to put on the Thumb's most amazing Polka Festival.
 |
| After 7 years, Prill and Fisher are still going strong. Ignore the crazy eyes. |
 |
| It's grueling, but worth it. |
 |
| We'll be Polish for the night. |
Everyone's Polish tonight!
 |
| I helped hang the red lights. They stayed up the whole time!~ whew~ |
This awesome band played at Paul Fisher's daughter's wedding this summer, and they were back even more energetic, if that's possible. Three daughters on the fiddle, Dad and young son on the accordian, and other family members rounding out the group. So much fun!
 |
| Who stole the Kishka? |
I didn't steal the Kishka, cause I'm not even sure what it is, but I did steal a kiss from my Polish hubby!
 |
| Mmm wahhh! |
Whether we're working on the church
 |
| steady there... |
or Polka-ing our butts off,
 |
| dang my arm is getting tired... |
We're a great team, and surrounded by a community of hard working, hard playing folks. What more could you ask for?
 |
| The 2012 Kinde Polka Fest |
No comments:
Post a Comment